This is a unique dish that can make a wonderful side dish! The colors of the dish are quite festive too!
- Tear chard leaves from stems, then coarsely chop stem and leaves separately.
- Toast pine nuts in oil in a wide 6- to 8-quart heavy pot over moderated heat, stirring constantly, until golden, 1 ½ to 2 minutes, then transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and season with salt.
- Cook onion in remaining oil in pot, stirring occasionally, 1 minute, then add chard stems and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Add raisins and ½ cup water and simmer, covered, until stems are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add chard leaves and remaining ½ cup water and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until leave are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts.