This Mediterranean inspired recipe is so easy to make and will easily become a staple in your kitchen. It can easily be made in bulk so invite the friends and family over.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1, 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- 29 ounces of chicken or vegetable broth
- 14.5 ounce can of diced tomato or 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 9 ounces of packaged of tortellini of choice
- ½ Tablespoon dried basil
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Slightly lower heat. Add crushed red pepper to your liking, the onion and garlic sauté until garlic is infused (approximately 5 minutes).
- Next add the spinach, tomato and broth.
- Heat to boiling and then reduce heat to low.
- Stir in tortellini, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the tortellini is cooked to desired tenderness.
- Season with the basil, salt and pepper.
- If you would like you can serve topped with some freshly grated Parmesan, or Romano cheese.