Talk about a nutrition powerhouse... Quinoa is packed with fiber and protein and good for cholesterol control.This grain is the perfect base to a meal. The herbs in this dish make it pop!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 14.5 ounces chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- Combine stock, water and pepper in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa, reduce heat to low, and cook, covered, about 12 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in olive oil, oregano and thyme. Cover again and allow to stand 5 more minutes before serving. Salt to taste.