It's summertime and nothing complements a picnic as much as a good dish of guacamole.
- 2 avocados
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Chili powder to taste – optional
- Slice avocado in half, remove, and save seed.
- Scoop out the inside of the avocados and place in a bowl.
- Mash up with a fork, add all other ingredients and mix.
- Adjust salt as needed
- Serve with corn chips, on top of a salad or as part of a wrap.
- It has been shown that adding the seed of the avocado to the completed guacamole helps decrease the browning (oxidation) of the guacamole. The lime and lemon juice also help will also help to decrease the browning.
- Also make sure when scooping out the avocado you include the outer dark green layer that is located close to the skin. This is where all the fiber is found.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower's website.