- 1 1/2 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- In a bowl, whisk the mustard, salt, pepper and vinegar until dissolved.
- Dribble in the oil while whisking.
- Toss the black-eyed peas and the rice with the vinaigrette until everything is nicely coated.
- Mix in the onion, garlic, carrot and parsley.
- Adjust the salt if needed.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- This dish can be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated, covered.