- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 small cucumbers
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups tomato juice
- Cayenne pepper
- Peel the tomatoes and blend with the garlic in a blender.
- Add 1/4 of the green pepper, 1/4 of the onion, and 1/2 of the cucumber.
- Chop remaining vegetables and put in separate serving dishes in the refrigerator.
- Put tomato juice in refrigerator.
- Just before serving, blend olive oil, lemon juice, salt, cayenne and tomato juice.
- Add to blender mixture.
- Ladle into soup dishes.
- Pass chopped vegetables and a dish of croutons as garnish.