The dish makes the perfect side dish for many meals. Tabouli highlights the herb parsley which does wonders for our health.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 ½ cups fresh chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 3 medium size tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups warm water
- Soak bulgur wheat in 2 cups of warm water for 35-40 minutes.
- While wheat is soaking finely chop all the vegetables, parsley and mint.
- In a large size bowl combine all chopped ingredients, olive oil, salt, and lemon juice.
- Drain and dry wheat and combine with ingredient mixture. Mix well. Adjust salt and enjoy!