Are you trying to stop drinking soda? This drink is a nice alternative and is much lower in sugar and the perfect beverage for a picnic on a warm summer day.
- 8 cups water
- 6 green tea bags
- Approximately 1 1/2 cups (up to 2 cups) fresh mint leaves, slightly ripped (to help release flavor)
- 3 Tablespoon of sugar (start with this amount and then the next time you make it see if 2 1/2 Tablespoons is sufficient).
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in sugar until dissolved. Add the mint and tea bags and steep for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and let cool. Once cooled strain out mint leaves and store in a container. Place in fridge.
- Let chill for several hours. When serving, serve over ice garnished with mint leaves.
- Try using black tea
- Add a splash of lemon
- Use honey instead of sugar