When scooping out the avocado, make sure to include the outer dark green layer that is located close to the skin. This is where all of the fiber is found. We want to get all of the nutrition we can out of the foods we eat to help us in preventing cancers and other chronic diseases.
- 2 avocados
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
- Chili powder to taste – optional
- Slice the avocados in half, remove and save the seed.
- Scoop out the inside of the avocados and place in a bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix well.
It has been shown that adding the seed of the avocado to the completed guacamole helps decrease the browning or oxidation of the guacamole.