Greek salads are so refreshing, and complement a variety of meals so well. In addition they are quite flexible so add or subtract ingredients based on what you have available. When tomatoes and cucumbers are in season, no doubt about it, it is Greek salad time!
- 3 vine tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1medium cucumber cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 3/4 cup black Kalamata olives
- Sliced feta cheese (as big or as small as you would like)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine vegetables in a bowl.
- In a small bowl mix oil, vinegar, and oregano then pour over salad and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving salad place feta slices on salad.
Play with Your Food
- Add some pepperoncini peppers or red bell pepper.
- Try using a white onion and/or add some green onion.
- Leave out the olives.
- Leave out the feta cheese and serve as a vegan salad.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower's website.