This Mediterranean flare to this swordfish is a great balance for the robustness of what swordfish has to offer. This salsa also works well topped on a lot of other seafood or simply as a starter topped on some crostini.
· 1 piece of fresh swordfish
· ¼ cup of green olives Kalamata olives deseeded and chopped
· ¼ cup tomato, chopped
· ¼ cup onion, chopped
· 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
· 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
· Salt and pepper
· Pinch of cayenne
· Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
· Place the swordfish in a small baking dish. Add salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
· Mix olives, tomato, and onion together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add balsamic vinegar and EVOO. Add cayenne pepper. Mix together.
· Pour salsa on top of swordfish. Place into pre-heated oven and cook for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn broiler to high and broil for 5 minutes.
Play with Your Food
· Add some freshly chopped parsley to final product after fish has been baked.
· Use a variety of heirloom tomatoes.
· You could also try this dish with salmon too.
Medwell Kitchen Tested
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower's website.