The flavors of the Mediterranean are quite delicious. This is an easy way to prepare lamb on a busy weeknight. Enjoy this main dish with a glass of red wine.You’ll Need
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 16 ounces canned stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 stalk celery, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup orzo
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Plain yogurt
- Cook and stir ground lamb in 10-inch skillet until lamb is light brown; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, celery, orzo, salt and red pepper.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 12 minutes, stirring frequently until tomato liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender.
- Serve with yogurt.