Polenta is served in various parts of the Mediterranean. Some great things about this recipe are that it does not take a lot of ingredients and the ingredients are very basic. They come together to form quite a spectacular dish! Enjoy.
- 9 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Bring chicken broth to boil in heavy large saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Gradually whisk in corn meal. Cook until cornmeal is very soft and mixture is thick and creamy, whisking occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, onion powder and butter.
- Season polenta to taste with salt and pepper.