- 2 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 3/4 Teaspoon salt
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Pound white fish of choice cut into 1-inch pieces (Types of white fish: cod, sea bass, halibut, mahi-mahi)
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped lettuce
- Using a container that has a lid, mix the lemon juice, oregano, olive oil, salt and garlic. Once the ingredients are mixed, add the fish.
- Put the lid on the container (make sure it's sealed!), and shake to combine. Let this marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Turn the fish and marinate for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the fish and use some of the marinade to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Heat on medium and add the fish and cook through. You can also cook the fish on the grill if you prefer.
- Serve on pita bread with sliced tomato and lettuce.
Play With Your Food!
- Serve the fish on top of a salad.
- Serve with sliced red onion in addition to the tomato and lettuce.
- Try this with shrimp instead of fish.
- If grilling, try using skewers.