Let's enjoy the flavors the Mediterranean region has to offer. This is an easy and versatile dish to make. The base is essentially veggies of choice and olive oil. From there you can jazz it up in a variety of different ways.
- 8 ounces raw angel hair pasta (will yield 4 cups cooked)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 3 ½ cups steamed broccoli- stems and florets, chopped
- ½ cup whole olives of choice (or cut in half)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil (finely chopped) or 1 teaspoon dried
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or other cheese of choice) to top
- Steam broccoli.
- Bring 8 cups of water to a rapid boil. Cook pasta in boiling water. Once pasta is cooked and drained add all other ingredients.
- Serve warm or cold.
Play with your Food!
- Switch up the vegetables.
- Choose to use whole wheat angel hair pasta.
- Add some pine nuts for extra protein and omega three fatty acids.
- Leave out the cheese and serve it as a vegan dish.
Medwell Kitchen Tested
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower's website.