This is a delightful dish to enjoy as a part of a Saturday morning brunch. Get your weekend started off right and do some strength training exercises such as squats and push-ups while the frittata bakes.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Small yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 Clove garlic crushed
- 2 Large Swiss chard leaves including stems, coarsely chopped
- 1 Medium zucchini, chopped
- 6 Eggs
- 1/8 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ Teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, chard, and zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Beat eggs lightly with, salt pepper, basil, and oregano.
- Stir in cheese and vegetables.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake in a 350 F degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.