This appetizer is a great way to incorporate basil into your diet. Submitted by Linda at Westinghouse. Thank you Linda!!
- 2 (12oz) jars roasted red peppers (drain and cut into strips
- 6oz. goat cheese, crumbled (or other white cheese)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn into strips (or dried equivalent)
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped black olives
- French bread or crackers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a 9" ceramic dish with cooking spray.
- Layer red peppers, goat cheese, pine nuts and basil alternately.
- Drizzle with olive oil and then cover with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes and olives.
Serve with French bread or crackers. Enjoy!