- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into small flowerets
- ½ pound spinach
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Rinse and drain cauliflower and cut into small flowerets.
- Wash and trim spinach.
- Stack leaves and slice crosswise into 1/4-inch strips.
- Place in a salad bowl along with cauliflower.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- In a jar, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, mustard, basil and pepper.
- Shake to blend well.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over vegetables; add almonds and mix gently but thoroughly.