A great side for whole grains to become incorporated into the diet. This is also quick dish to prepare.
- 1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup bulgur, uncooked
- 1 1/3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/2teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and bulgur.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining ingredients expect for extra two teaspoons of olive oil and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes, until water has been absorbed.
- Add additional 2 teaspoons of olive oil and adjust salt as needed. Fluff with a fork before serving.