- 1 pound collard greens
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ cup onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ginger root, grated
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Rinse greens well in tepid water and slice into thin strips.
- Place in a saucepan with the stock and basil, cover and cook about 30 minutes, until greens are tender.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute onion and garlic; stir in ginger root and jalapeno pepper.
- Add to collard greens and stir until liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Add sesame oil and pepper to taste; stir.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.