- 3 cups (1" chunks) peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 bell peppers (cut into 2" chunks)
- 2 parsnips (sliced 1/2" thick)
- 1 onion (cut into 1/2" wedges)
- Line a large rimmed baking pan with nonstick foil (this will make cleanup almost effortless).
- Place vegetables in pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Toss evenly.
- Roast in a 450°F oven 30 minutes, stirring once, until lightly browned and tender.
- Sprinkle with snipped chives and serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 3 days and use to make the following easy dinners.
To use as Main-dish Pasta
Toss roasted vegetables with cooked pasta, chopped fresh tomato, chopped basil, olive oil, minced garlic, and grated Parmesan cheese.
To use as Main-dish Antipasto
Arrange roasted vegetables on a lettuce-lined platter with sliced cheeses, canned olive oil-packed tuna, olives, and crusty bread.
To use as Soft Tacos
- Heat canned chili-style beans with diced roasted vegetables and chopped cilantro.
- Spoon on flour tortillas, and top with salsa and shredded cheese.
- Fold and eat.