If you have any recipes that you would like to share please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted by Linda at Eckert Seamans Thank you Linda!
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, crumbled or sliced (you can also use fresh mozzarella cheese or any other type you like)
- 2 roasted red sweet pepper halves or 1/2 cup roasted red sweet pepper
halves from a jar, drained
- 6 fresh sage leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth (use the wine – it’s the best, especially if you pour yourself a small glass while you’re cooking)
- Place each chicken piece, boned side up, between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap.
- Working from the center to the edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle chicken with black pepper.
- Layer cheese, roasted red sweet pepper halves, and sage in the center of each breast.
- Fold in edges; roll up into a spiral, pressing the edges to seal.
- Roll in flour.
- In an 8-inch skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in hot oil about 5 minutes, turning to brown all sides.
- Remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet bring wine or broth to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until 1/4 cup liquid remains.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Plate the chicken and spoon the sauce over it.