This is a perfect way to attain omega-3 fatty acids from a canned food product.
- 16 ounces canned salmon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ¼ cups dried bread crumbs, split into ¾ cup and ½ cup
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Butter for cooking patties
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the salmon and the liquid that is found in the can into a mixing bowl. Flake it with a fork.
- Mix in onion, parsley, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Mix in beaten eggs.
- Add ¾ cup of bread crumbs to shape into patties. Then roll the patties in the extra bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Then cook patties until browned on both sides.