Yields: 24 standard size muffins
- 4 eggs
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips or 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Then add to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups three-fourths full
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes of until a toothpick can be stuck into a muffin and come out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.