Apples are in season! This is a nice dessert for the Thanksgiving spread.
- 5 medium apples sliced and peeled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup oats
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¼ cup apple juice, or water
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Put half of the apples in a greased 9"x 9"pan.
- Blend together remaining ingredients, except juice and additional apples
- Place half the flour mixture over the apples.
- Cover with remaining apples and flour mixture.
- Pour juice over top.
- Bake 35 minutes.
Great with vanilla ice cream.