- Bones from a roasted turkey
- 7 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 stalk celery, chopped (separated)
- 1 onion, quartered
- ¼ cup broken noodles, 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In stockpot or large saucepan, combine bones, water, bay leaf, one of the chopped celery stalks, and onion.
- Skin and drippings may be included, if desired.
- Simmer, covered about 4 hours.
- Strain, reserving stock.
- Let bones cool, pick out any meat and add to the stock.
- In stockpot or saucepan, bring stock to boil; add noodles and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add celery, carrot, green onions, zucchini, basil and thyme.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in hot pepper sauce, season with salt and pepper to taste.