It's women's health month. Women like to share gifts with others. Got a coworker that you would like to bake something for but they do not eat eggs or dairy? Here is a biscotti recipe free from both. You can jazz it up with flavor combinations of your choice.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup blanched almonds, finely ground
- ¾ cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped (or other nut such as macadamia nuts, pecans or walnuts)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven 350
- Combine everything except honey and water and stir to mix. Next add in honey and water and stir until a firm dough forms. It may help to use your hands to mix dough.
- Divide in half and form two narrow logs, approximately 12 to 14 inches in length.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Be sure to leave room between logs for spreading.
- Bake until firm and risen approximately 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool for 8 minutes. Then slice on a diagonal about ½ inch thick.
- Slightly separate and bake another 15 to 20 minutes until lightly golden and fairly dry. Bake longer if needed.