- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 28 ounce canned tomatoes including the liquid
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp; peeled, deveined
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Heat oil in a saute pan and add the onion and garlic.
Cook, stirring often, until the onion is softened, about 4 minutes.
Transfer to a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
Add the tomatoes with their puree and the tomato paste, wine, parsley, oregano and pepper.
Cover and cook for6 to 8 hours on LOW.
Then increase the heat to HIGH and add the shrimp.
Cook just until the shrimp are firm and have turned pink, about 15 minutes.
Stir in the feta cheese and serve immediately over pasta or with some fresh bread.