It's Women's Health Month. Looking for a quick yet yummy gift? Make a big batch and share with friends. You may also consider attaching the recipe so that it becomes the gift that keeps on giving.
- 4 cups oats (use quick oats for a granola bar with a softer consistency and old-fashioned oats for granola with a harder consistency)
- 8 Tablespoons softened butter or 7 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 7 Tablespoons brown sugar (1/2 cup minus one Tablespoon b/c 8 Tablespoons equals ½ cup)
- ¼ cup to 1/3 cup chopped nuts of choice
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Mix all of the above ingredients together.
- Place mixture in greased baking pan.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let sit and slightly cool.
- Roughly cut into chunks or crumble into loose granola.
Get creative with this recipe. Add some ground flax seed, sunflower seeds, raisins, dried fruit or, shredded coconut. Add some cinnamon or a teaspoon of vanilla. Or you could add a tiny bit of maple syrup or honey. A tip is when adding some other form of food that could sweeten the granola, hold back a tiny bit on the amount of brown sugar. You could also add a ½ cup to ¾ cup of nut butter and leave out the chopped nuts. This recipe serves as a very versatile base. Store the granola in an airtight container. Have fun with this recipe and enjoy!!
Serve this granola mixed into some plain yogurt for a delightful breakfast.