hot peppers or hot sauce.
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- In a small bowl mash 2/3 cup of beans to a smooth paste.
- In a skillet saute onions in oil until soft.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining beans with the water.
- When heated through, stir in garlic, onion and oil that the onion was saluted in, chili powder, and salt.
- Stir the bean paste into the whole beans and mix well.
- Stir in the onion and cook for 10 minutes.
- Mash the beans and onions up a bit more while cooking.