Having more salads is a great way to add veggies to the diet that aid our cholesterol control. Croutons are a delicious topping to many salads.
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups of stale bread cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Examples of dried herbs and spices: garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, paprika, crushed red pepper, rosemary etc.
- Melt the butter in a skillet with the olive oil.
- Add the cubes of bread and sauté, turning frequently with a spatula, until bread cubes are golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir well. Sprinkle with desired herbs/spices.
- Remove from heat spread out croutons and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower's website.