Avocado is a great food for heart health and cholesterol control. Become an artist in the kitchen and enjoy your veggies in a variety of ways.
- 1 small bunch of broccoli
- Salt to taste
- 1 large avocado
- ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon style mustard
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the broccoli into florets.
- If the pieces are large, cut the stems in half.
- Rinse and drain them.
- Reserve the stems for another use.
- Drop broccoli into boiling salted water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes.
- Drain and run the broccoli briefly under cold water to cool.
- Drain again and chill.
- Cut the avocado in half.
- Peel each half and remove the pit.
- Cut each half into 8 lengthwise strips.
- Squeeze the lemon half over the strips to prevent discoloration.
- Arrange the broccoli and the avocado alternately on a serving platter
- Blend the mustard, garlic, vinegar, pepper and oil, adding salt if needed, in a bowl with a wire whisk.
- Pour over the broccoli and avocado.
- Serve immediately.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower's website.