- 1/2 pound dried white kidney beans or great northern beans
- 1 pound lean stewing meat, cut in 1" cubes
- 2 small zucchini (unpeeled), diced
- 2 turnips, peeled and diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 28 ounce can whole tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons leaf basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 dash salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a crock potCompletely soften beans by combining all ingredients in crock pot.
Add water to cover and mix well.
Turn it onCover and cook on high setting for 3 hours.
Turn to low setting for 8 to 14 hours (or keep on high setting for 5 to 7 hours).
To servePerfect with a dip of crusty garlic bread.