This month we will work towards preventing cancers. Make fruits and veggies the basis of your diet. This broccoli dish can complement a variety of main dishes. Try it with some fish or chicken.
- 2 pound fresh broccoli, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the broccoli florets on a baking sheet large enough to hold them in a single layer. Toss the broccoli with garlic and 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp and tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with the other ½ Tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, pine nuts, and Parmesan. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower's website.