Turn your grill into a pizza oven!
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (and extra to grease bowl)
- 3 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water and mix in the sugar.
- Let sit until it becomes frothy.
- Next, mix in the salt, olive oil and flour and mix well until the dough is in the form of a ball and the dough is not sticking to the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and kneed the dough until smooth.
- Place the dough in a bowl that has been greased with olive oil and cover the bowl with a damp cloth.
- Set aside and let rise until doubled-approximately 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and kneed for approximately 5 to 7 minutes and let rise again until doubled.
- Next, heat the grill up to high heat.
- Get the dough out again.
- Punch it down and divide the dough in half and form ½ inch thick rectangular size shapes.
- Brush the grill with olive oil place one of the dough shapes on the grill.
- The dough will tend to puff up.
- Carefully watch for the bottom crust to become lightly browned and turn the dough over.
- Add toppings however you would like but be careful not to top it too much as you do not want the pizza to become too heavy.
- Close the lid and cook for a few minutes checking to see when cheese is melted.
This recipe is one that you will get your own feel for. The first couple of times check the dough frequently to make sure that you do not burn it and over time you will come up with the length of time that works for you, toppings that work for you and so on.