- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- Over moderate heat, fry the onion in oil until lightly browned, stirring to prevent scorching.
- Add tomatoes, salt and curry powder. Continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage, carrots and bell pepper; mix well.
- Pour in about 1/2 c. water.
- Cover the pot, reduce heat and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the cabbage is still slightly crunchy.
- Adjust salt as needed.