Enjoy the summer evenings over a slow meal of good food. Take your time starting off by enjoying this appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 Bay leaves, broken in half
- 1 pound Spanish chorizo, cut diagonally, into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a Saucepan
Heat oil over a medium flame. Add onions and garlic; saute about 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add paprika and cook 1 minute.
Add cider and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add chorizo and sun-dried tomatoes; simmer an additional 5 minutes. Remove bay leaves. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot with hearty bread to dip in sauce.
If using Mexican, non-smoked chorizo, add five minutes to simmer time.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower's website.