- 2 ¼ cups canned low-salt chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup white rice
- 4 ounces kale (about ½ large bunch), stems and ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped (2 cups packed)
- Bring broth and Creole seasoning to a boil in heavy large saucepan.
- Stir in rice and kale and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
*Kale is a great source of calcium. Calcium is a mineral that your body needs to maintain good health. When you cook with foods that contain calcium, calcium is not lost in the cooking process.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower's website.