It's men's health. This is a recipe that can be prepared in a short amount of time. You can always use the beginning as a base and build on it in order to create a quick meal. To absorb the iron out of the beans you must consume them with a food source that contains Vitamin C. That is why it is helpful to top your salsa with some lime juice.
- 1-14 .5 oz. can black beans, drained (or use cooked beans)
- 1-14.5 oz can corn, low sodium, drained (or use fresh corn)
- 1-12 oz. jar salsa
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 ½ Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Mix all of the above together and use this as your base.
- Serve on top of a salad or baked potato, in a wrap or on top of some corn chips.
- Add some chopped vegetables or fruit such as bell pepper, carrots, yellow onion, green onion, avocado, or tomato.
- Add some cooked chicken or fish or shrimp.
- Add a chopped chili or jalapeno for a spicy flavor. Or add some chili powder.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower's website.