- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of salt plus an additional ½ teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 to 3 Tablespoons fresh chopped mint it depends on your preference (you can substitute with dried mint)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of salt on the chopped cucumber and let sit for approximately 30 minutes to pull some of the water out of the cucumber. Then drain off excess water.
- Add all additional ingredients to cucumber and mix.
- There are many ways to enjoy this sauce such: a veggie dip a salad dressing or a sauce for lamb burgers or fish.