Try this Mediterranean inspired recipe. It is simple to throw together, has incredible flavor, and makes a bunch. The good news is that it’s just as good reheated. Stir in a touch of milk and warm it up for leftovers.
- 2/3 cup vodka
· 1 real good pinch of crushed red pepper
· 6 tablespoons butter
· 1 small box of penne pasta
· 1 cup tomatoes, blenderized
· 1 jar sundried tomatoes in oil
· 1 good handful mushrooms, sliced
· 1 cup whipping cream
· 1 cup fresh Parmesan
· Stir the amount of red pepper you choose (depending on your spice-tolerance) into the vodka, and begin the water for the pasta. Don't forget to cook the pasta with some salt and olive oil.
· In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the vodka-pepper mixture, and bring it up to a boil. Add the blenderized tomatoes and cream. Return to boil, lower heat, and let the flavors work into each other at a simmer for 10 minutes.
· Chop the sundried tomatoes into small pieces. Sauté the mushrooms with sun dried tomatoes in their own oil. Add to the sauce. When the pasta is done, add it to the whole batch, and mix in the Parmesan cheese. It's incredible.
Play with Your Food
· Use Romano or Asiago cheese instead of Parmesan
· Top dish with some cooked shrimp
· Top with some freshly chopped Italian parsley
Medwell Kitchen Tested
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower's website.