You can go out for mussels or you can have the mussel feast at your own home. Throw a mussel dinner party! They are so easy to make and create a very elegant meal. Enjoy this meal with a nice piece of crusty baguette and a glass of white wine.
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons, butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (can also use diced canned tomatoes)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Find a pot large enough for the mussels to fit in and to be able to stir them.
- On medium heat, melt the butter in the pot.
- Add the garlic and mussels and toss until well coated.
- Add wine, tomatoes, cream, salt and pepper
- Raise heat to medium-high and cover and cook until mussels are done. For fresh mussels they are done when the shells have opened. For frozen mussels make sure they are completely thawed and heated through. This process should take close to five minutes.
- Place in bowl topped with parsley and squirt with juice from lemon.
- Enjoy extra broth with a nice piece of bread.