This is the perfect dish to prepare with eggplants that are almost out of the door. Grilling the eggplant really takes this dish to the next level.
- 1 Large eggplant
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon, salt
- ¼ cup Tahini, sesame seed paste
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Lemon wedges
- Olive oil
- Set oven to 375F. (or heat up grill)
- Wash eggplant and remove stem.
- Pierce with a fork 4-6 times.
- Place in baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until tender.( or grill until tender)
- Remove from oven and run under cold water.
- Peel and mash; set aside.
- In serving bowl combine garlic, salt, and Tahini.
- Gradually add water and lemon juice, beating well.
- Fold in mashed eggplant.
- Garnish with lemon wedges, finely chopped parsley and a sprinkle of olive oil.
- Scoop up eggplant with pieces of pita bread to eat or serve as a side dish with any meal.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower's website.