Yields approximately 1 ½ cups
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Mix all in a blender or food processor until an even consistency is reached.
- You can add more garlic. You may want to mix, taste and then decide.
- This pesto freezes wonderfully. Place the pesto in ice cube trays and once the pesto has solidified place the blocks in a plastic bag and use it in the future. The ice cube technique it nice because it freezes the pesto in handy portion sizes.
- The recipe can easily be doubled.
- You can try different nuts such as pine nuts or macadamias.
- You can try different herbs such as cilantro or parsley.
- Serve over of pasta, grilled vegetables, or fish. Turn a piece of French or Pita bread into a pesto pizza. The options are endless but all are delicious.
- Leave out the parmesan cheese for vegan sauce.
Nutrition Facts Per Tablespoon
Saturated Fat: 0
Sodium: 17mg (this will vary depending amount of salt added)