This is a simple way to make green beans and can be a nice complement for anything from fish, to chicken or simply a vegetarian bean dish.
- 3 lbs fresh green beans (or frozen thawed)
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 large green or red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- ¼ c. olive oil
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. dry mustard
- Black pepper to taste
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- In the meantime, wash the green beans, and when the water comes to a boil again, let cook for about 5 minutes - enough to soften but not to take away crunchiness.
- Drain the water and cool the beans.
- In a blender, add the egg, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and mustard.
- Blend well.
- In a salad bowl, place cooked green beans with onions and green pepper.
- Pour the dressing over it, and sprinkle with black pepper.