Try something new with chicken this week. The horseradish adds the perfect twist and works wonderfully with the white wine.
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 8 chicken breasts (3 ounces each)
- 1 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 ¼ teaspoons mustard seed
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Pour wine into casserole dish; add chicken breasts.
- Using pastry brush, baste each piece of chicken with the oil.
- Spread ¼ Tablespoon horseradish on each breast.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees, about 30 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, grind mustard seed and combine it with remaining dry ingredients.
- After 30 minutes, baste chicken with the wine sauce in the pan.
- Then, pour mustard seed mixture over chicken and bake, uncovered, another 20 to 30 minutes until chicken is tender.