Below I have included 3 recipes for cool summer soups that are fruit based. This is to give you two things:
1. A choice to make, depending on which you happen to like best.
2. A comparison of how each is thrown together
Once you compare, you should substitute in your own fruit and pick the ingredients that make your mouth absolutely water!!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pears, drained with juices or syrup reserved
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons Poire William
- mint sprigs to garnish
Take out and thinly slice 1 pear half. Reserve to use as garnish.
In food processor, puree pears with yogurt and lemon juice. Add enough reserved juice or syrup to make a thick soup, up to about 1/2 cup. Add spice and/or liqueur, and process just to blend.
Pour into bowl, and place in freezer for 20 minutes, or refrigerate about 1 hour until chilled. Ladle into shallow soup bowls, and garnish with reserved sliced pear and mint, if desired.
- 1 cantaloupe - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Peel, seed, and cube the cantaloupe.
Place cantaloupe and 1/2 cup orange juice in a blender or food processor; cover, and process until smooth. Transfer to large bowl. Stir in lime juice, cinnamon, and remaining orange juice. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour. Garnish with mint if desired.
- 2 cups 1/4-inch-diced fresh mangoes
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, basil or cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
What To Do:
Process mangoes, orange juice and oil in a blender or food processor until pureed. Transfer to a medium bowl, along with remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Can be made several hours before serving.)