This year give the gift of your time and creativity. Become an artist of the kitchen and wine and dine your loved one to a nicely planned and coursed out meal.
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (more for greasing pan)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Combine lime juice, oil, honey, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Add scallops and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove scallops from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Thread scallops evenly on 4 skewers.
- Grease a baking pan with olive oil.
- Place skewers is shallow baking pan.
- Broil 4-6 inches from source of heat 2-3 minutes.
- Turn and baste with reserved marinade and continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until opaque throughout.
- Place sesame seeds on wax paper and roll each skewer over the seeds to evenly coat scallops.
- Serve immediately.