As the seasons start to change and we move into fall hearty soups and bisques are the perfect meal. Try this unique bisque. That's right artichokes are not just for salads and dips anymore.
- 8 tbsp flour
- 16 oz. butter
- 6 c. beef stock
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2, 14 oz. cans Artichoke hearts, undrained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp Tabasco
- 1 c. white wine, dry
- 4 oz. light cream
- 2 tbsp Parsley, minced
- Melt the butter in a heavy pot and add the flour.
- Cook for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the stock and when well mixed, add the celery, onions, greeen onions, bay leaves, thyme and garlic.
- Let this simmer for 45 minutes.
- Chop the artichoke hearts fairly fine and then add to the pot along with the artichoke water.
- Cook at a low simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, the Tabasco, wine and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Do NOT boil.
- Garnish with minced parsley and enjoy!