Try this out and let me know what you think!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 leeks, bulb only, sliced into rings
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
What To Do:
- In a large stock pot melt butter over low heat. Add leeks and onion, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Add thyme, marjoram, bay leaf and stir well. Cover pot and continue to cook for 12 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook, partially covered for 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender or food processor and cool.
- Prior to serving add cream. If you are serving this soup warm you need to reheat the soup slowly so that the cream does not change consistency.